PCIA Press Releases
PCIA Applauds Passage of Indiana Legislation
May 27, 2015 / Alexandria, VA - Jonathan Adelstein, President and CEO of PCIA – The Wireless Infrastructure Association, issued the following statement in response to the enactment of Indiana H.B. 1318, the Wireless Telecommunications Investment Act, which Governor Mike Pence signed into law earlier this month:
"PCIA salutes the passage of Indiana House Bill 1318, which will help increase the availability and capacity of wireless broadband services in every region of the state. PCIA applauds the cooperation between industry and municipalities, which forged a partnership to support the bill. In particular, the new law will help deploy innovative small wireless facilities by defining them using a PCIA-developed volume-based and technology-neutral methodology. This new approach will improve communications providers’ access to rights-of-way, spurring quicker and less costly deployment. The bill will also establish certainty regarding key statewide definitions and set timelines that will increase investment, thereby providing a path for Indiana’s consumers, business, and public safety entities to enjoy increased broadband coverage and capacity."
PCIA Hails FCC Division Name Change
May 12, 2015 / Alexandria, VA - Jonathan Adelstein President & CEO of PCIA - The Wireless Infrastructure Association issued the following statement today in response to the FCC’s decision to rename the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau Spectrum and Competition Policy Division the "Competition and Infrastructure Policy Division:"
"PCIA – the Wireless Infrastructure Association applauds the FCC’s decision to rename a division of its Wireless Telecommunications Bureau to include 'Infrastructure.' The new name reflects this Commission’s commitment to strengthening wireless infrastructure deployment.
"The move signals the recognition that wireless infrastructure is integral to America’s economic and technological future by Chairman Wheeler, all of the Commissioners, Roger Sherman, Chief of the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau, and Jeff Steinberg, the Deputy Chief of the newly renamed Competition and Infrastructure Policy Division. The name change portends of continued progress by the FCC, on top of the many successful efforts already accomplished, to accelerate wireless infrastructure deployment."
PCIA Board of Directors Elects New Officers – Wireless Infrastructure Industry Veteran “Tam” Murray to Chair
May 1, 2015 / Alexandria, VA – The Board of Directors of PCIA - The Wireless Infrastructure Association this week elected new officers during PCIA’s Wireless Infrastructure Show in Hollywood, Florida.
Wireless infrastructure industry veteran Thomas “Tam” Murray, the Founder & Managing Member of Community Wireless Structures, is the new PCIA Board Chairman; Steven Marshall, the Executive Vice President & President of the U.S. Tower Division of American Tower, is the new Vice Chairman & Secretary; and David Weisman, the President & Chief Executive Officer of Insite Wireless Group, is the new Treasurer.
"As evidenced by the attendance and enthusiasm at our annual show this week, the wireless infrastructure industry continues to grow rapidly to meet the burgeoning consumer demand for data," said PCIA President and CEO Jonathan Adelstein. "PCIA is honored that these immensely successful executives will serve our association to help the industry sustain and diversify that growth."
Also serving with Murray, Marshall, and Weisman on the previously elected PCIA Board of Directors are: W. Benjamin Moreland, President & Chief Executive Officer of Crown Castle International who just completed his tenure as Board Chairman; Richard J. Byrne, Founder & Chief Executive Officer of TowerCo, LLC; Marc Ganzi, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer of Digital Bridge Holdings, LLC; Kathleen Ham, Vice President, Federal Regulatory, of T-Mobile US, Inc.; Vonya McCann, Senior Vice President, Government Affairs, of Sprint Nextel Corporation; Jeffrey A. Stoops, President & Chief Executive Officer of SBA Communications; and Adelstein.
PCIA - The Wireless Infrastructure Association is the principal organization representing the companies that build, design, own and manage telecommunications facilities throughout the world. Its over 215 members include carriers, infrastructure providers, and professional services firms.
PCIA Responds to FCC Move on 3.5 GHz
April 17, 2015 / Alexandria, VA - Jonathan Adelsteinm President & CEO of PCIA - The Wireless Infrastructure Association issued the following statement today in response to the Federal Communications Commission's adoption of spectrum-sharing rules that create a new three-tiered commercial radio service spanning 3550 MHz to 3700 MHz:
"PCIA is pleased that the FCC has approved a forward-thinking order that offers new opportunities to expand wireless capacity and coverage, which will help American consumers get better connected. While the FCC and the Administration must remain vigilant in seeking to clear more licensed spectrum under terms and lengths that spur investment, the FCC has provided a path to innovation in the 3.5 GHz band that will help ease the wireless data crunch, which will stimulate U.S. jobs and growth. The FCC’s focus on small wireless communications facilities such as small cells and DAS demonstrates its clear vision for our evolving heterogeneous networks. We look forward to future involvement in these matters."
PCIA Statement on OSHA Tower Safety Inquiry
April 14, 2015 / Alexandria, VA - PCIA - The Wireless Infrastructure Association issued the following statement today in response to the public notice by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) soliciting comment on tower construction and maintenance safety issues:
"Workforce safety and improved network quality are critical issues for PCIA and our members. We are actively engaged with the Department of Labor and Telecommunications Industry Registered Apprenticeship Program (TIRAP) in working to find ways to ensure that workers are better equipped to perform under the safest conditions possible. We want to help create the wireless workforce of the future with the best training available to those who are deploying wireless infrastructure. PCIA welcomes the opportunity to work with OSHA and other government leaders on this critical effort."
- Former Hill Staffer and Glover Park Group Executive Matt Mandel Named PCIA Head of Legislative Affairs
- PCIA Statement on Motion to Intervene re FCC Broadband Infrastructure Order
- PCIA Statement on FCC Net Neutrality Rules
- PCIA Comments on Montgomery County Wireless Facility Siting Litigation against FCC
- PCIA’s Adelstein Lauds Joint Release of Materials to Aid Deployment of Broadband across America
- PCIA Statement on FCC's Open Internet Order
- Former Verizon Executive Mitrovich Named PCIA Vice President
- PCIA Hails First State Wireless Association Members
- PCIA Commends Senators Rubio, Booker for Introducing Wi-Fi Innovation Act
- PCIA Responds to Cisco's Prediction of Huge Growth in Wireless Data Demand
- PCIA Commends E-911 Rules Update
- PCIA Statement on Supreme Court T-Mobile v. City of Roswell Siting Case
- PCIA to Expand Wireless Workforce Training Role for DoL’s TIRAP – Adelstein Named to Executive Board
- Former Sprint Executive to Serve as Senior Advisor to PCIA
- CEO Adelstein Pens "Connecting With the Future" Commentary
- PCIA Statement on FAA's Efforts to Streamline Outage Reports
- Wireless Infrastructure Industry Salutes Military Veteran Career Training Program
- PCIA Statement on Oral Arguments in T-Mobile SCOTUS Case
- PCIA Applauds FCC’s Order on Wireless Infrastructure – Streamlined Rules Will Speed Broadband Deployment
- Adelstein: More Progress Needed to Site Wireless Facilities on Federal Property
- PCIA CEO Says New Public-Private Job Training Initiative Will Help Create "Wireless Workforce of the Future"
- CEO Adelstein Underscores Need for Wireless Broadband on the Farm
- John Deere Makes an Economic Case for Rural Broadband Expansion
- Grant Will Strengthen VSU’s Wireless Worker Training Program
- CEO Adelstein Pens Op-Ed for Charlotte Business Journal
- Federal Department of Labor Awards Virginia State University $3.25 Million Grant to Create Wireless Workforce of the Future – PCIA to Help Administer
- PCIA Statement on FCC Placing Infrastructure NPRM on Tentative Agenda for Oct. 17 Open Meeting
- PCIA Applauds FCC Order Streamlining Antenna Rules
- PCIA Hails FCC Training and Safety Efforts
- PCIA: Ohio PUC Order Will Help Speed Broadband Deployment
- PCIA Looks Forward to FCC’s August Open Meeting
- PCIA Urges U.S. Supreme Court to Reverse Eleventh Circuit and Remove Barriers to Wireless Infrastructure Investment
- Adelstein Praises Rubio Plan to Speed Deployment of Wireless Infrastructure
- PCIA Head Lauds House Effort to Expedite FCC’s Ruling to Streamline Deployment of Wireless Infrastructure
- Enhanced Productivity, Connectivity, Accessibility Drive Wireless Technology
- Adelstein Applauds Colorado Wireless Bill
- CEO Adelstein Statement on SCOTUS Grant Cert of T-Mobile Petition
- Adelstein Hails Selection of Attwell Baker as Head of CTIA
- CEO Adelstein Commends Passage of Georgia BILD Act
- PCIA’s Jonathan Adelstein to Appear on C-Span's "The Communicators" March 15
- Adelstein Statement on T-Mobile's Sugrue, Ham Announcement
- Adelstein Hails FCC Chairman's Remarks on Infrastructure Deployment
- PCIA to FCC: Four Key Steps to Improving Wireless Broadband Deployment
- PCIA's Adelstein Responds to Rep. Waxman's Retirement Announcement
- Technology Industry Leaders and Monster.com Launch USTechVets.org to Connect Veterans with Careers in the U.S. Technology Sector
- PCIA Statement on Proposed Telecommunications Act Reform
- PCIA Proudly Supports Launch of Warriors 4 Wireless to Help Returning Veterans Find Work in Wireless Industry
- PCIA Applauds Confirmation of Wheeler, O'Rielly to FCC
- Adelstein Hails Largent's Service to the Industry
- Long-Term Government Shutdown Could Impact FirstNet, D'Agostino Says
Page 1 of 24