PCIA Press Releases
PCIA Responds to New White House Wireless Initiative
PCIA President & Chief Executive Officer Jonathan Adelstein released the following statement in response to the White House announcement of several new Administration initiatives to bolster American leadership in wireless broadband and technological innovation:
"We applaud President Obama’s continued efforts to expand wireless broadband and the many benefits it provides to America’s consumers, businesses, schools, hospitals and public safety agencies. Maximizing access to—and the efficiency of—spectrum is essential to the continued wireless broadband growth that has become a driving force for the U.S. economy.
"The White House report, 'Four Years of Broadband Growth,' identifies significant challenges to broadband deployment: adoption, speed and pricing. Significant challenges also hamper wireless infrastructure deployment, and PCIA looks forward to working with policy-makers and industry to craft policies that promote continued deployment of this this critical component of the wireless broadband equation."
PCIA Responds to Supreme Court Shot Clock Ruling
May 20, 2013/ Alexandria, VA - PCIA President & Chief Executive Officer Jonathan Adelstein issued the following statement in response to today’s decision by the Supreme Court of the United States to uphold the Federal Communications Commission’s establishment of a “shot clock” for local zoning decisions regarding wireless towers:
“By upholding the shot clock, the Supreme Court properly recognizes that the FCC was well within its authority to clarify a reasonable period of time for local consideration of wireless facility siting applications. The shot clock is a sensible policy that facilitates wireless broadband deployment and network upgrades through predictable timelines.
It’s an example of forward-thinking agency action to enable wireless infrastructure, the backbone of wireless networks, to expand access to innovative services and devices to consumers, businesses, public safety agencies, schools, hospitals and many more. To meet the challenges of rapidly increasing demand and sustaining U.S. leadership in next-generation networks, I look forward to working with federal, state and local governments to craft similar, practical policies.”
Wireless Infrastructure Show Announces Move to Spring 2014
May 17, 2013 / Alexandria, Va. – PCIA – The Wireless Infrastructure Association, announced that the Wireless Infrastructure Show, the premier industry event focusing on the companies, equipment and technologies that enable next-generation wireless, will move to the spring beginning in 2014. The event will take place May 19-22, 2014 at the Rosen Shingle Creek Resort in Orlando, Florida.
“Our commitment has always been to provide the highest quality experience to our attendees, exhibitors and sponsors,” said Tim House, PCIA Vice President of External Relations. “The spring time frame provides distance from multiple fall industry events, offering attendees and exhibitors a unique opportunity to learn from each other and conduct business in an uncluttered environment.”
The Wireless Infrastructure Show is the industry’s only event exclusively focused on mobile network infrastructure. The three-day conference and trade show has experienced significant growth over the past several years, drawing more than 2,000 telecom and technology executives, policy-makers, financial analysts and national media for education, business development and networking.
“The Wireless Infrastructure Show continues to grow in size and scope, reflecting the increasingly broad array of businesses that are active in expanding wireless networks—from carriers and OEMs to chip manufacturers, Wi-Fi providers and end-users. We are committed to doing whatever it takes to maintain that growth by providing an unparalleled opportunity for industry players to connect at a meaningful, world-class springtime event,” said Jonathan Adelstein, PCIA President & Chief Executive Officer.
Registration is now open for the 2013 Wireless Infrastructure Show, October 7-10, in Hollywood, Florida. The 2013 Wireless Infrastructure Show will be the final annual event held during the fall. To register or to learn more about the event, visit www.wirelessinfrastructureshow.com.
PCIA Hails FCC Chairman Nomination
May 1, 2013/Alexandria, VA - Jonathan Adelstein, President & Chief Executive Officer of PCIA – The Wireless Infrastructure Association, issued the following statement today in response to President Barack Obama’s nomination of Tom Wheeler as Chairman of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC):
“Tom Wheeler is the ideal nominee to lead the Federal Communications Commission. Principled, experienced, strategic and decisive, Tom embodies all the qualities of an effective leader.
“Tom will prove an outstanding manager who knows how to move an agenda, which is vital as the wireless industry continues to invest in next-generation networks and services for consumers. He will stand up for what he believes – and he believes in diversity and innovation.
“On behalf of PCIA, I commend President Obama for his outstanding nomination, and congratulate Tom. We look forward to working with him and the entire Commission as we continue to deploy the critical wireless networks that expand wireless broadband opportunities everywhere.”
Contact: Caitlin Colligan
PCIA Congratulates FirstNet GM
Jonathan Adelstein, President & Chief Executive Officer of PCIA – The Wireless Infrastructure Association, released the following statement in response to today’s announcement of the hiring of Bill D’Agostino, Jr. as General Manager of the First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet):
“PCIA congratulates Bill D’Agostino, Jr. on being named General Manager of FirstNet. His extensive industry experience and business acumen make him an ideal candidate to lead this key organization during this formative time.
“Bill’s infrastructure knowledge gives him a keen understanding of how the components of the commercial wireless network can help get public safety networks built quickly and efficiently.
“As the organization dedicated to expanding wireless broadband networks, PCIA looks forward to collaborating with FirstNet and the entire public safety community to get this urgently needed network built.”
- PCIA CEO to Keynote Wisconsin Wireless Association Event
- The DAS Forum Renamed HetNet Forum
- PCIA, APCO Honor Policymakers for FirstNet Leadership
- PCIA Statement Regarding FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski
- PCIA Responds to FCC Commissioner McDowell's Resignation
- PCIA and APCO Honor Policymakers for Leadership on FirstNet (Event Rescheduled)
- PCIA, The DAS Forum Offer "Roadmap" for Environmental and Historic Preservation Reform
- PCIA Hails FCC Action to Accelerate Wireless Network Deployment
- PCIA CEO: We are the “Home” of Wireless Network Deployment
- PCIA's Innovation & Tech Council Offers Glimpse at Emerging Technology
- PCIA CEO Joins Former White House CTO to Talk 4G Development in Virginia
- PCIA Responds to Court Decision on FCC Pole Attachment Order
- PCIA's Jonathan Adelstein to Keynote Super Wi-Fi Summit
- PCIA to Supreme Court: Affirm FCC “Shot Clock” Ruling
- PCIA Members Discuss Broadband Acceleration Issues with Federal Government Reps
- PCIA Responds to Senator's Comments Regarding Wireless Services in Emergencies
- PCIA Statement on AT&T's $14 Billion Network Investment
- PCIA Hails Enactment of Pennsylvania Wireless Broadband Collocation Act
- PCIA Board of Directors Elects Officers
- PCIA Names Jonathan Adelstein President & CEO
- DISH Network Chairman & Co-Founder Charles Ergen to Keynote Wireless Infrastructure Show
- FCC Chairman Genachowski to Keynote Wireless Infrastructure Show
- 2012 Wireless Infrastructure Show to feature keynotes from Cisco, AT&T execs
- New York State Wireless Honors PCIA’s Fitch as a Wireless Warrior
- PCIA Chairman Takes Part in White House Broadband Event
- Wisconsin Wireless Association Earns Outstanding Donor Award for Charity Work
- PCIA Issues Statement on New FCC Commissioners
- PCIA President & CEO Michael Fitch Announces He Will Resign
- Seven State Wireless Associations Host Successful South Wireless Summit
- PCIA Hails Bill that Speeds Access to Wireless Services, Spurs Investment
- PCIA statement on Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act
- PCIA Hails Enactment of N.J. Collocation Legislation
- PCIA Comments on JOBS Act Developments
- PCIA, Tech Industry Urge Congressional Support for Wireless Broadband Networks
- PCIA Statement on Announcement of FCC Nominees
- Wireless Industry Veteran Named Director of DAS Forum
- Industry Luminaries to Discuss Next-Generation Networks at 2011 Wireless Infrastructure Show
- The DAS Forum Outlines Steps to Ensure Deployment is Not Hindered by Unnecessary Regulations
- PCIA, The DAS Forum Urge Improved Collocation Siting Process to Accelerate Broadband Deployment
- Genachowski: FCC to address regulatory barriers to deployment
- PCIA's Statement on President Obama's Wireless Innovation and Infrastructure Initiative
- PCIA's Response to The State of The Union Address
- PCIA Board of Directors Elects Officers for 2011
- Winner of the Global Telecom Business Award joins PCIA
- One Step Closer to Modernized Marking and Lighting Rules for Antenna Structures
- LightSquared CNO to Deliver Keynote Address at 2010 Wireless Infrastructure Show
- PCIA Commends National Broadband Plan’s Infrastructure Focus
- T-Mobile USA's Dave Mayo Joins PCIA Board of Directors
Page 1 of 11