PCIA Press Releases
PCIA Responds to FCC Move on 3.5 GHz
April 17, 2015 / Alexandria, VA - Jonathan Adelsteinm President & CEO of PCIA - The Wireless Infrastructure Association issued the following statement today in response to the Federal Communications Commission's adoption of spectrum-sharing rules that create a new three-tiered commercial radio service spanning 3550 MHz to 3700 MHz:
"PCIA is pleased that the FCC has approved a forward-thinking order that offers new opportunities to expand wireless capacity and coverage, which will help American consumers get better connected. While the FCC and the Administration must remain vigilant in seeking to clear more licensed spectrum under terms and lengths that spur investment, the FCC has provided a path to innovation in the 3.5 GHz band that will help ease the wireless data crunch, which will stimulate U.S. jobs and growth. The FCC’s focus on small wireless communications facilities such as small cells and DAS demonstrates its clear vision for our evolving heterogeneous networks. We look forward to future involvement in these matters."
PCIA Statement on OSHA Tower Safety Inquiry
April 14, 2015 / Alexandria, VA - PCIA - The Wireless Infrastructure Association issued the following statement today in response to the public notice by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) soliciting comment on tower construction and maintenance safety issues:
"Workforce safety and improved network quality are critical issues for PCIA and our members. We are actively engaged with the Department of Labor and Telecommunications Industry Registered Apprenticeship Program (TIRAP) in working to find ways to ensure that workers are better equipped to perform under the safest conditions possible. We want to help create the wireless workforce of the future with the best training available to those who are deploying wireless infrastructure. PCIA welcomes the opportunity to work with OSHA and other government leaders on this critical effort."
Former Hill Staffer and Glover Park Group Executive Matt Mandel Named PCIA Head of Legislative Affairs
April 13, 2015, Alexandria, VA – Jonathan Adelstein, the President and CEO of PCIA - The Wireless Infrastructure Association, today announced that former long-time Hill staffer and Glover Park Group executive Matt Mandel will join PCIA as Head of Legislative Affairs, effective immediately. In this newly created capacity, Mandel will help coordinate PCIA’s outreach to federal, state, and local government officials regarding the need to accelerate the deployment of wireless infrastructure facilities and other issues that drive the wireless infrastructure industry’s legislative agenda.
Mandel comes to PCIA after serving as Vice President, Government Relations at the Glover Park Group, where he specialized in public policy advocacy and strategic planning on behalf of corporate clients. His work was instrumental in helping companies achieve their marketplace and public policy goals on a wide range of wireless technology issues, including broadband deployment, media, broadcast, and video growth and distribution, copyright concerns, spectrum management, cyber-security, privacy, and data security. Prior to joining Glover Park he spent ten years as a technology policy specialist on Capitol Hill. Mandel served from 2007 – 2011 as the Legislative Director for former Representative Cliff Stearns (R-FL), whom he also served as lead staffer on the House Communications, Technology and the Internet Subcommittee. He previously worked for the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) and as a legislative assistant to former U.S. Representative Eric Cantor (R-VA).
"Matt brings extensive relationships with technology and telecommunications policymakers on both sides of the aisle and on both sides of Capitol Hill," said Adelstein. "His contacts and expertise will substantially strengthen PCIA’s capacity to shape policymaking in Washington, D.C., in state capitals, and in communities across the country. PCIA is delighted that Matt’s knowledge and connections will help our members grow and prosper."
Mandel will be joining the government affairs division at PCIA headed by Director-Government Affairs Zac Champ.
PCIA - The Wireless Infrastructure Association is the principal organization representing the companies that build, design, own and manage telecommunications facilities throughout the world. Its over 200 members include carriers, infrastructure providers, and professional services firms.
PCIA Statement on Motion to Intervene re FCC Broadband Infrastructure Order
April 3, 2015 / Alexandria, VA - PCIA - The Wireless Infrastructure Association released the following statement regarding a motion it filed today to intervene on behalf of the FCC Order that requires municipalities to expedite their review of tower modification applications:
"PCIA strongly believes that the FCC’s October 2014 Infrastructure Order will help streamline and accelerate the deployment of wireless facilities across the country. Lawsuits such as the one filed by Montgomery County could jeopardize that deployment and, with it, economic growth and job creation. PCIA’s joint petition with CTIA urges the courts to allow the FCC to carry out Congress’s clearly stated desire to streamline wireless infrastructure deployment."
PCIA Statement on FCC Net Neutrality Rules
March 12, 2015 / Alexandria, VA - PCIA – The Wireless Infrastructure Association released the following statement in response to the release of the Federal Communications Commission's Open Internet Order rules:
"PCIA is reviewing the FCC’s Open Internet rules with an eye toward their impact on investment in wireless networks. The wireless infrastructure industry’s biggest concern is how these voluminous rules impact capital expenditures, and the jobs, economic growth, and technological development that come with them. Any reduction of wireless investment would hurt the U.S. in the global marketplace. With the uncertainty that these new rules have caused, we are looking closely at bipartisan solutions in Congress that can accomplish the goals of an Open Internet while encouraging investment in wireless broadband infrastructure."
- PCIA Comments on Montgomery County Wireless Facility Siting Litigation against FCC
- PCIA’s Adelstein Lauds Joint Release of Materials to Aid Deployment of Broadband across America
- PCIA Statement on FCC's Open Internet Order
- Former Verizon Executive Mitrovich Named PCIA Vice President
- PCIA Hails First State Wireless Association Members
- PCIA Commends Senators Rubio, Booker for Introducing Wi-Fi Innovation Act
- PCIA Responds to Cisco's Prediction of Huge Growth in Wireless Data Demand
- PCIA Commends E-911 Rules Update
- PCIA Statement on Supreme Court T-Mobile v. City of Roswell Siting Case
- PCIA to Expand Wireless Workforce Training Role for DoL’s TIRAP – Adelstein Named to Executive Board
- Former Sprint Executive to Serve as Senior Advisor to PCIA
- CEO Adelstein Pens "Connecting With the Future" Commentary
- PCIA Statement on FAA's Efforts to Streamline Outage Reports
- Wireless Infrastructure Industry Salutes Military Veteran Career Training Program
- PCIA Statement on Oral Arguments in T-Mobile SCOTUS Case
- PCIA Applauds FCC’s Order on Wireless Infrastructure – Streamlined Rules Will Speed Broadband Deployment
- Adelstein: More Progress Needed to Site Wireless Facilities on Federal Property
- PCIA CEO Says New Public-Private Job Training Initiative Will Help Create "Wireless Workforce of the Future"
- CEO Adelstein Underscores Need for Wireless Broadband on the Farm
- John Deere Makes an Economic Case for Rural Broadband Expansion
- Grant Will Strengthen VSU’s Wireless Worker Training Program
- CEO Adelstein Pens Op-Ed for Charlotte Business Journal
- Federal Department of Labor Awards Virginia State University $3.25 Million Grant to Create Wireless Workforce of the Future – PCIA to Help Administer
- PCIA Statement on FCC Placing Infrastructure NPRM on Tentative Agenda for Oct. 17 Open Meeting
- PCIA Applauds FCC Order Streamlining Antenna Rules
- PCIA Hails FCC Training and Safety Efforts
- PCIA: Ohio PUC Order Will Help Speed Broadband Deployment
- PCIA Looks Forward to FCC’s August Open Meeting
- PCIA Urges U.S. Supreme Court to Reverse Eleventh Circuit and Remove Barriers to Wireless Infrastructure Investment
- Adelstein Praises Rubio Plan to Speed Deployment of Wireless Infrastructure
- PCIA Head Lauds House Effort to Expedite FCC’s Ruling to Streamline Deployment of Wireless Infrastructure
- Enhanced Productivity, Connectivity, Accessibility Drive Wireless Technology
- Adelstein Applauds Colorado Wireless Bill
- CEO Adelstein Statement on SCOTUS Grant Cert of T-Mobile Petition
- Adelstein Hails Selection of Attwell Baker as Head of CTIA
- CEO Adelstein Commends Passage of Georgia BILD Act
- PCIA’s Jonathan Adelstein to Appear on C-Span's "The Communicators" March 15
- Adelstein Statement on T-Mobile's Sugrue, Ham Announcement
- Adelstein Hails FCC Chairman's Remarks on Infrastructure Deployment
- PCIA to FCC: Four Key Steps to Improving Wireless Broadband Deployment
- PCIA's Adelstein Responds to Rep. Waxman's Retirement Announcement
- Technology Industry Leaders and Monster.com Launch USTechVets.org to Connect Veterans with Careers in the U.S. Technology Sector
- PCIA Statement on Proposed Telecommunications Act Reform
- PCIA Proudly Supports Launch of Warriors 4 Wireless to Help Returning Veterans Find Work in Wireless Industry
- PCIA Applauds Confirmation of Wheeler, O'Rielly to FCC
- Adelstein Hails Largent's Service to the Industry
- Long-Term Government Shutdown Could Impact FirstNet, D'Agostino Says
- PCIA's Statement on the FCC's Wireless Infrastructure NPRM
- Wireless Infrastructure Investment Will Generate $1.2 Trillion in Economic Activity and Create 1.2 Million Jobs
- Wireless Infrastructure Show Announces Blockbuster Keynote Lineup
Page 1 of 23