PCIA Member News
WIG Becomes First European Headquartered Towerco to Invest in Siterra
Leading EU tower company picks platform to enhance customer delivery and manage growing portfolio
Austin, TX – February 19, 2016 – Accruent, the leader in assets, facilities and real estate management solutions, announced today that Wireless Infrastructure Group (WIG) has launched Accruent's Siterra tower management software system. WIG will utilize Siterra to optimize its growing tower, distributed antenna system (DAS) and small cell operations across the United Kingdom and elsewhere in Europe.
"Over the last three years we've doubled our team to ensure we deliver across multiple 4G upgrade programmes for our MNO customers as well as support the 100 other wireless networks that use our infrastructure, "said Scott Coates, chief executive officer, WIG. "Our investment in Siterra is a further step in our efforts to be the leading infrastructure delivery partner for our customers."
WIG is a British independent infrastructure company with 2,000 shared wireless infrastructure assets located across the United Kingdom, Netherlands and Ireland. WIG was seeking to replace its current infrastructure lifecycle platform with one that can help it remain at the front of the sector when it comes to network delivery services and asset management. With a proven history of tower operator implementations spanning 14 countries, Siterra was the stand out choice for WIG. Siterra will enhance WIG's capabilities on project workflows, co-location, health and safety, contract administration and maintenance. WIG has invested in the entire Siterra suite, including site, project and asset management along with contract administration.
"We're excited to partner with WIG, a leader in the European independent tower industry," said Kevin Reichle, general manager of telecom, Accruent. "We look forward to helping drive their continued success with our market-leading solution and technical best practices for tower operation."
Accruent helps infrastructure, real estate and facilities leaders deliver long-term, world-class operational and financial performance through industry-specific suites that deliver greater customer value. Accruent's solutions are at work in more than 4,400 leading organizations worldwide, including 40 percent of the top 100 retailers, 20 percent of the Fortune 500, 40 percent of the leading universities, all of the top 4 U.S. mobile network operators, 40 percent of
U.S. hospitals, and leading service providers managing more than 4 billion square feet of property. Founded in 1995, Accruent is headquartered in Austin with offices in Santa Monica, Evanston, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Boston, Calgary, Alberta, London, and Hong Kong.
For more information about Accruent and Siterra, visit http://www.accruent.com.
Mosaik Provides Better Visibility for Mobile and Wi-Fi Network Providers to Improve Customer Loyalty
Measuring Quality of Service only goes so far – improving Network Quality of Experience (QoE) will help providers anticipate the challenges of tomorrow
MEMPHIS, TENN. – Feb. 19, 2016 – Mosaik – who provides network experience software and business intelligence services to 22 of the top 25 wireless carriers in North America, cable MSOs and some of the largest group operators in the world – has introduced a new approach to managing the Network Quality of Experience (QoE) to provide more granular, consumer perspectives into a constantly changing mobile and Wi-Fi environment.
Wireless network operators are faced with increasingly complex network challenges, while RAN-sharing/roaming partners and MVNOs have limited visibility into how their wholesale networks are performing. Today's consumers are more device-dependent than ever, demanding transparency and excellent network experiences across mobile, Wi-Fi and global roaming networks.
Mosaik's Network QoE services consist of robust data collection capabilities, custom and standard KPIs and multiple cloud-based reporting and visualization options to provide increased visibility into customer behavior and interactions with wireless networks today, helping providers anticipate the challenges of tomorrow. Key capabilities include:
Contextual data methodologies and outputs based on varying needs of mobile and Wi-Fi service providers Remotely managed data collection triggers to ensure maximum analytical impact Fast to deploy applications on multiple mobile operating systems Deep industry and statistical expertise to create actionable reports and KPIs based on varying network performance and geospatial considerations Consumer and internally-focused visualization portals using predicted and certified network coverage layers, network performance renderings, tower and network outage maps Crowd-sourced competitive benchmarks to analyze competitor network coverage and performance metrics to identify areas of opportunity and risk
"Quality of Service is a top priority these days, but providers struggle to manage complex customer experiences across disparate wireless networks. By focusing on network QoE, operators and MVNOs will positively differentiate themselves to improve customer loyalty," said Mosaik president and CEO, Bryan Darr. "Mosaik is in a unique position to deliver multi-layered intelligence and services to help them deliver more positive network experiences."
Mosaik will showcase its entire network experience portfolio at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 22-25, 2016. Schedule an appointment with Mosaik at Hall 2, Room 2C28MR, www.mosaik.com/events.
As a strategic partner to mobile operators and network-dependent solution providers, Mosaik enables its clients to deliver a superior network experience. It builds world-class mobile applications, data visualization and analytical software backed by comprehensive global network intelligence.
An agile team of researchers, creatives and data visualization experts, Mosaik develops intelligence solutions that help executives, marketers, engineers and analysts improve marketing and retention programs, competitive network planning and site acquisition efforts. To learn more about Mosaik, visit www.mosaik.com.
Mosaik Acquires Sensorly to Improve Global Wireless Network Experiences
PARIS and MEMPHIS, TENN. – Feb. 2, 2016 – In a move to improve visibility into global wireless networks, Mosaik today announced it has acquired Sensorly, a crowdsourced coverage mapping service, with a mission to deliver the most comprehensive, useful and unbiased wireless network information to consumers and network operators across the globe.
Sensorly leverages crowdsourced data collected from a dedicated and growing community of users spanning over 85 countries and 500 wireless networks worldwide that provide consumers and network providers a real-world view of wireless network quality of experience. Sensorly instantly determines how cellular (4G, 3G or 2G) and Wi-Fi networks are performing by collecting coverage and network performance data from Android and iOS mobile applications.
Sensorly’s network experience capabilities will be combined with Mosaik’s considerable data visualization software and unique coverage and spectrum datasets of more than 1,800 networks in over 225 countries. Mosaik will help carriers and network dependent solution providers improve the end-user’s network quality of experience by extending visibility into the actual network experience of carriers around the world.
“Mosaik and Sensorly are highly complementary and share a commitment to providing excellent wireless network experience solutions,” noted Sensorly founder and CEO, Boris Lacroix. “Our goal is to ensure Sensorly continually evolves to be the most intuitive, flexible and insightful wireless network mapping service for consumers. Mosaik is the ideal partner to help Sensorly achieve those goals and grow by providing economic scale, access to its top tier global clients and deep expertise in data visualization and geospatial software development.”
“We are committed to Sensorly’s global community and we will continue to invest in and improve Sensorly applications, mapping services, automation and analytics,” said Mosaik president and CEO, Bryan Darr. “Network availability and performance is a significant concern for consumers, operators and businesses that rely on high quality wireless networks. With Sensorly, we are able to add crucial components – unbiased crowdsourced network data and a highly skilled team – to our current employees and services dedicated to improving wireless network experiences.”
Sensorly is a Paris-based startup founded in 2010 by Philippe Girolami and Boris Lacroix. Sensorly investors include Elaia Partners, an independent venture capital fund specializing in the digital economy. The Sensorly team will remain in Paris where Mosaik is increasing its European presence.
Mosaik will showcase its entire network experience portfolio at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 22-25, 2016. Schedule an appointment with Mosaik at Hall 2, Stand 2C28MR, www.mosaik.com/events/.
Sensorly is a free, crowdsourced coverage mapping service for wireless networks, available for all to use. Using data collected anonymously and shared by the Sensorly mobile app users, the service benefits from the contributions of thousands of people worldwide who want to share information on their real experience as carrier customers. It maps the performance of over 85 countries and 500 wireless networks worldwide. To learn more about Sensorly, visit www.sensorly.com.
As a strategic partner to mobile operators and network-dependent solution providers, Mosaik enables its clients to deliver a superior network experience. It builds world-class desktop and mobile applications backed by comprehensive global network intelligence. As an agile team of researchers, creatives and data visualization mapping experts, Mosaik develops intelligence solutions that help executives, marketers, engineers and analysts improve marketing and retention programs, competitive network planning and site acquisition efforts. To learn more about Mosaik, visit www.mosaik.com.
Mosaik Media Contact:
SOLiD Inc. Expands North American Presence By Acquiring U.S. Partner
SUNNYVALE, CA and SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA – January 20, 2016 – SOLiD Inc., a South Korean-based manufacturer of wireless equipment, has significantly extended its international presence by purchasing those assets of REACH Holdings related to REACH's role as SOLiD's exclusive North American partner. SOLiD is a fast-growing leader in densifying wireless networks through a portfolio of advanced RF Amplifier, RF Radio and Optical Transport solutions.
"This acquisition strengthens our position in North America, the largest market in the world for Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) products, while also serving as the launchpad for our global growth strategy in wireless infrastructure," said Dr. Seung Hee Lee, CEO of SOLiD, which is publicly traded in Korea (050890:KS) and has more than 1,000 employees worldwide. "We look forward to bringing a broader product portfolio to our North American customers and working with them on next-generation densification and coverage enhancement solutions."
SOLiD's North American partner had successfully achieved a strong market position for the SOLiD brand in the cellular densification market, providing coverage and capacity solutions in hard-to-reach and high-demand locations. Now, as a regional division of SOLiD, its capability to grow and serve customers, and attain a deeper market penetration, is greatly enhanced.
"This deal is a tremendous win for our customers and partners. Among the benefits of being part of a larger global manufacturer is that we can offer a broader product portfolio and a competitive value proposition, expand our service and support capabilities, and explore more opportunities for collaboration and cross-pollination," said Ken Sandfeld, newly appointed president of SOLiD in North America. Sandfeld formerly was Executive Vice President overseeing sales, marketing and product strategy.
"Our team is in place," Sandfeld added. "The transition period will be seamless as customers and partners will continue to interact with their established and trusted counterparts and the business operations, relationships and lines of communication remain unchanged."
"As a customer already working closely with both SOLiD's U.S. and South Korean teams on a multi-year, large-scale installation, we are very excited at the potential upside of our partners consolidating as a global company. We're anticipating further benefits including additional resources, product breadth and expertise that will accrue on top of our already positive experience with SOLiD's team and products," said William A. Bayne Jr., CEO of Transit Wireless. Transit Wireless operates the wireless infrastructure throughout the New York City Subway, where SOLiD's robust DAS systems are being installed on hundreds of station platforms to enable cellular coverage and capacity.
The acquisition bolsters SOLiD's capabilities in its core DAS and optical fronthaul/backhaul markets. SOLiD's North American business unit now has direct access to the top-notch engineering and R&D department at SOLiD in Korea and can tap into battle-tested international expertise in leading-edge densification tools such as C-RAN and Optical LAN.
"Our toolbox and expertise level have instantly expanded, and we can better meet the challenges in our target markets of in-building and outdoor capacity and coverage," Sandfeld said. "We will deliver a richer and more comprehensive experience to our customers and partners across our core business and the emerging middleprise market.
By acquiring its North American operations headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., SOLiD strengthens its presence and capabilities in a key geographic market and secures resources and talent to further its ongoing global expansion. SOLiD now has offices, facilities and affiliates in Shenzhen (China), Singapore, London, Jakarta, and Tokyo in addition to its headquarters in Seoul.
Financial terms of the transaction are undisclosed.
SOLiD (www.solid.com) helps people stay connected and safe in a rapidly changing world through a portfolio of RF Amplifier, RF Radio and Optical Transport solutions. SOLiD enables indoor and outdoor cellular and public-safety communications at some of the world's best-known and most challenging venues including leading hospitals; professional, and college sports venues; government, university and Fortune 500 corporate buildings and campuses; international airports and metropolitan subways; and other high-profile sites. For further information on SOLiD's full portfolio of wireless densification products including Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), backhaul and fronthaul solutions, go to www.solid.com or call 888-409-9997.
About REACH Holdings
- Phoenix Tower International closes on rights to over 600 wireless communication tower sites from T-Mobile in the United States
- Mosaik Solutions Empowers IoT Players with New In-Building Wireless Network Performance Testing Capability
- Mosaik Solutions Improves Site Planning Strategies with Key Enhancements to TowerSource
- MOSAIK SOLUTIONS RELEASES 2015 WIRELESS COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE POSTER VISUALIZING ‘STATE OF LTE NETWORKS’
- Phoenix Tower International enters into a contract to acquire the rights to over 600 wireless communication tower sites from T-Mobile in the United States
- Crown Castle Announces Sale of Australian Subsidiary
- Advantage Engineers Participates in OSHA National Safety Stand-Down
- Dali Wireless Completes World’s First Dynamic Capacity Allocation Field Trial with NCS in Singapore
- InSite Wireless Group, LLC acquires 294 communication tower sites from CTI Towers, Inc.
- CommScope Compiles 'How To' Manual for LTE Implementation
- Advantage Engineers Pilots Veteran Training Program with Warriors 4 Wireless
- Time Warner Cable and Boingo Launch Passpoint Roaming Coast to Coast
- Mosaik Solutions Welcomes Veteran Tower Market Analyst As Special Consultant for TowerSource
- Phoenix Tower International Acquires American Tower Corporation's Panamanian Business
- Port Authority Selects Boingo Wireless for Cellular and Wi-Fi Services at World Trade Center
- Dali Wireless Unveils HDS™ (High Density System) for Intelligent Wireless Coverage and Dynamic Capacity Allocation
- BOINGO TO BRING ENHANCED CONNECTIVITY TO TWO SPOKANE SPORTS ARENAS
- Time Warner Cable and Boingo Provide Expanded Customer Wi-Fi Access in the U.S.
- Advantage Engineers Participates in OSHA National Safety Stand-Down
- Dali Wireless Unveils High Power Radio Remote Unit Engineered to Help Network Operators Deal with Extreme Environments
- EnergySolutions Arena Selects Boingo as Exclusive DAS and Small Cell Partner
- SOLiD Chooses Graybar to Open New Distribution Channel for In-Building Wireless Solutions
- SOLiD Joins the Panduit Technology Ecosystem Partner Program
- Advanced RF Technologies Launches AXM2100-9543-ICS AWS LTE 20W Digital Repeater with Interference Cancellation System (ICS)
- Leading Institutional Investor in Cellular Sites Emerges as a new Provider of Wireless Industry News
- Horvath Towers, LLC Receives New Senior Debt Financing up to $20.0 million from The PrivateBank
- NB+C Opens Office in Richmond
- Horvath Towers, LLC receives a $30,000,000 increase in equity commitment from Peppertree Capital Management, Inc.
- NB&C Names Jeff Ebihara Director of Business Development
- Boingo tapped to deploy DAS networks at two universities
- Branch Communications Expands Offices to Better Serve Its Growing Customer Base
- Boingo Fuels International Expansion, Adds Three Airports in China
- Boingo Launches iTunes Payments for Wi-Fi Subscriptions
- Boingo Wireless Appoints Nick Hulse President
- A Better DAS, Simplified: CommScope Introduces New DAS Platform for Rapid Deployment
- Jason Baker Newly Appointed Warehouse and Logistics Manager
- Michigan Wireless Association Donates $15,000 to Operation Good Cheer
- Elizabeth Lindenauer, CPA, Named ITL, LLC’s New Controller
- CTI TOWERS NAMES CFO
- Jack Burden Named ITL, LLC’s Vice President of Sales
- Global Tower Partners Names Jim Rech Vice President of Development and Boosts Real Estate Division with New Vice President of Real Estate
- iGR's President to Share Expertise on Small Cell Architectures at the 2012 South Wireless Summit
- Global Tower Partners Deploys Green Energy Solutions
- SBA Communications Corporation and Health Care REIT, Inc. Partner to Offer New Wireless Site Leasing Portfolio
- Mobideo Expands US Team with New Vice President/General Manager – Americas, Andrew Bast
- AFL Acquires TTC Group
- AFL Donates $47,000+ to Aid in Japanese Recovery Efforts
- Leading Femtocell Manufacturer adopts Polaris Networks’ LTE Test Solution for testing and validating its Home eNodeB
- Bay Communications Announces Complete Capital Raise Led by Seaport Capital
- Global Tower Partners Closes on Two New Deals
Page 1 of 15