PCIA Member News
Mosaik Acquires Sensorly to Improve Global Wireless Network Experiences
PARIS and MEMPHIS, TENN. – Feb. 2, 2016 – In a move to improve visibility into global wireless networks, Mosaik today announced it has acquired Sensorly, a crowdsourced coverage mapping service, with a mission to deliver the most comprehensive, useful and unbiased wireless network information to consumers and network operators across the globe.
Sensorly leverages crowdsourced data collected from a dedicated and growing community of users spanning over 85 countries and 500 wireless networks worldwide that provide consumers and network providers a real-world view of wireless network quality of experience. Sensorly instantly determines how cellular (4G, 3G or 2G) and Wi-Fi networks are performing by collecting coverage and network performance data from Android and iOS mobile applications.
Sensorly’s network experience capabilities will be combined with Mosaik’s considerable data visualization software and unique coverage and spectrum datasets of more than 1,800 networks in over 225 countries. Mosaik will help carriers and network dependent solution providers improve the end-user’s network quality of experience by extending visibility into the actual network experience of carriers around the world.
“Mosaik and Sensorly are highly complementary and share a commitment to providing excellent wireless network experience solutions,” noted Sensorly founder and CEO, Boris Lacroix. “Our goal is to ensure Sensorly continually evolves to be the most intuitive, flexible and insightful wireless network mapping service for consumers. Mosaik is the ideal partner to help Sensorly achieve those goals and grow by providing economic scale, access to its top tier global clients and deep expertise in data visualization and geospatial software development.”
“We are committed to Sensorly’s global community and we will continue to invest in and improve Sensorly applications, mapping services, automation and analytics,” said Mosaik president and CEO, Bryan Darr. “Network availability and performance is a significant concern for consumers, operators and businesses that rely on high quality wireless networks. With Sensorly, we are able to add crucial components – unbiased crowdsourced network data and a highly skilled team – to our current employees and services dedicated to improving wireless network experiences.”
Sensorly is a Paris-based startup founded in 2010 by Philippe Girolami and Boris Lacroix. Sensorly investors include Elaia Partners, an independent venture capital fund specializing in the digital economy. The Sensorly team will remain in Paris where Mosaik is increasing its European presence.
Mosaik will showcase its entire network experience portfolio at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 22-25, 2016. Schedule an appointment with Mosaik at Hall 2, Stand 2C28MR, www.mosaik.com/events/.
Sensorly is a free, crowdsourced coverage mapping service for wireless networks, available for all to use. Using data collected anonymously and shared by the Sensorly mobile app users, the service benefits from the contributions of thousands of people worldwide who want to share information on their real experience as carrier customers. It maps the performance of over 85 countries and 500 wireless networks worldwide. To learn more about Sensorly, visit www.sensorly.com.
As a strategic partner to mobile operators and network-dependent solution providers, Mosaik enables its clients to deliver a superior network experience. It builds world-class desktop and mobile applications backed by comprehensive global network intelligence. As an agile team of researchers, creatives and data visualization mapping experts, Mosaik develops intelligence solutions that help executives, marketers, engineers and analysts improve marketing and retention programs, competitive network planning and site acquisition efforts. To learn more about Mosaik, visit www.mosaik.com.
Mosaik Media Contact:
SOLiD Inc. Expands North American Presence By Acquiring U.S. Partner
SUNNYVALE, CA and SEOUL, SOUTH KOREA – January 20, 2016 – SOLiD Inc., a South Korean-based manufacturer of wireless equipment, has significantly extended its international presence by purchasing those assets of REACH Holdings related to REACH's role as SOLiD's exclusive North American partner. SOLiD is a fast-growing leader in densifying wireless networks through a portfolio of advanced RF Amplifier, RF Radio and Optical Transport solutions.
"This acquisition strengthens our position in North America, the largest market in the world for Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) products, while also serving as the launchpad for our global growth strategy in wireless infrastructure," said Dr. Seung Hee Lee, CEO of SOLiD, which is publicly traded in Korea (050890:KS) and has more than 1,000 employees worldwide. "We look forward to bringing a broader product portfolio to our North American customers and working with them on next-generation densification and coverage enhancement solutions."
SOLiD's North American partner had successfully achieved a strong market position for the SOLiD brand in the cellular densification market, providing coverage and capacity solutions in hard-to-reach and high-demand locations. Now, as a regional division of SOLiD, its capability to grow and serve customers, and attain a deeper market penetration, is greatly enhanced.
"This deal is a tremendous win for our customers and partners. Among the benefits of being part of a larger global manufacturer is that we can offer a broader product portfolio and a competitive value proposition, expand our service and support capabilities, and explore more opportunities for collaboration and cross-pollination," said Ken Sandfeld, newly appointed president of SOLiD in North America. Sandfeld formerly was Executive Vice President overseeing sales, marketing and product strategy.
"Our team is in place," Sandfeld added. "The transition period will be seamless as customers and partners will continue to interact with their established and trusted counterparts and the business operations, relationships and lines of communication remain unchanged."
"As a customer already working closely with both SOLiD's U.S. and South Korean teams on a multi-year, large-scale installation, we are very excited at the potential upside of our partners consolidating as a global company. We're anticipating further benefits including additional resources, product breadth and expertise that will accrue on top of our already positive experience with SOLiD's team and products," said William A. Bayne Jr., CEO of Transit Wireless. Transit Wireless operates the wireless infrastructure throughout the New York City Subway, where SOLiD's robust DAS systems are being installed on hundreds of station platforms to enable cellular coverage and capacity.
The acquisition bolsters SOLiD's capabilities in its core DAS and optical fronthaul/backhaul markets. SOLiD's North American business unit now has direct access to the top-notch engineering and R&D department at SOLiD in Korea and can tap into battle-tested international expertise in leading-edge densification tools such as C-RAN and Optical LAN.
"Our toolbox and expertise level have instantly expanded, and we can better meet the challenges in our target markets of in-building and outdoor capacity and coverage," Sandfeld said. "We will deliver a richer and more comprehensive experience to our customers and partners across our core business and the emerging middleprise market.
By acquiring its North American operations headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., SOLiD strengthens its presence and capabilities in a key geographic market and secures resources and talent to further its ongoing global expansion. SOLiD now has offices, facilities and affiliates in Shenzhen (China), Singapore, London, Jakarta, and Tokyo in addition to its headquarters in Seoul.
Financial terms of the transaction are undisclosed.
SOLiD (www.solid.com) helps people stay connected and safe in a rapidly changing world through a portfolio of RF Amplifier, RF Radio and Optical Transport solutions. SOLiD enables indoor and outdoor cellular and public-safety communications at some of the world's best-known and most challenging venues including leading hospitals; professional, and college sports venues; government, university and Fortune 500 corporate buildings and campuses; international airports and metropolitan subways; and other high-profile sites. For further information on SOLiD's full portfolio of wireless densification products including Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS), backhaul and fronthaul solutions, go to www.solid.com or call 888-409-9997.
About REACH Holdings
Phoenix Tower International closes on rights to over 600 wireless communication tower sites from T-Mobile in the United States
November 10, 2015 – Phoenix Tower International ("PTI") announces that it has closed its transaction with T-Mobile to acquire the ownership or management rights relating to over 600 wireless communication tower sites including the exclusive right to manage and operate the sites from T-Mobile ("T-Mobile") via PTI's local US subsidiaries. Terms of the transaction remain confidential between the parties.
TD Securities (USA) LLC served as M&A Advisor to PTI and provided financing for the transaction. Locke Lord, LLP acted as legal advisor to PTI. TAP Advisors served as exclusive financial advisor to T-Mobile. Lape Mansfield Nakasian & Gibson, LLC acted as legal advisor to T-Mobile.
Phoenix Tower International ("PTI") also announces the closing of a five-year credit facility for its US subsidiaries. The credit facility was used to finance the acquisition of the T-Mobile tower acquisition and provide additional financing for new tower development and acquisitions of wireless infrastructure in the United States. TD Securities (USA) LLC ("TD") served as lead arranger on the credit facility.
"The closing of this credit facility with Toronto Dominion was crucial to the acquisition of the sites with T-Mobile. Furthermore, TD's facility provides additional financing for development and acquisition opportunities in the United States where we want to continue to build momentum after our transaction with T-Mobile. TD is a market leader in tower financing and we are excited to work with them in our continued expansion in the United States" stated Dagan Kasavana, Chief Executive Officer of Phoenix Tower International.
About Phoenix Tower International:
Phoenix Tower International ("PTI") owns and operates towers and other wireless infrastructure and related sites throughout Latin America, the Caribbean and the United States. PTI was founded in 2013 with a mission to be a premier site provider to wireless operators across various high-growth markets internationally. Phoenix Tower International and its affiliates currently own and operate wireless infrastructure in Costa Rica, Panama, the Dominican Republic, Colombia the United States and Brazil. PTI's investors include funds managed by Blackstone Tactical Opportunities, as well as various members of the management team. PTI is based in Boca Raton, Florida. For more information about Phoenix Tower International, please visit www.phoenixintnl.com
Phoenix Tower Contact Information:
Natalya Kashirina, Vice President, Mergers and Acquisitions
Mosaik Solutions Empowers IoT Players with New In-Building Wireless Network Performance Testing Capability
Signal Insights enables mobile operators, system integrators, venue owners and M2M players to better manage indoor cellular and Wi-Fi user experiences
LAS VEGAS – September 9, 2015 – CTIA Super Mobility Booth #2422 – Mosaik Solutions, a leader in telecom business intelligence and visualization services, today announces the new Indoor Mode for Signal Insights. Launched at Super Mobility Week 2014, Signal Insights is the premier software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution that analyzes the signal and throughput quality of cellular and Wi-Fi networks. The Indoor Mode is easy to use and scalable for companies that depend on quality cellular and/or Wi-Fi indoor connectivity for their guests, employees, customers or M2M services. These companies can now test the network performance across multiple venues, floors and buildings in minutes.
“Poor indoor network connections and capacity problems cripple the end-user experience,” said Bryan Darr, president and CEO, Mosaik Solutions. “With our latest in-building testing capabilities, companies can efficiently understand indoor dynamics that are hindering their ability to deliver the best possible network experience.”
The current issue with many testing solutions is an inability to accurately locate the device indoors. Signal Insights’ Indoor Mode bypasses the need for GPS to determine the device’s location by incorporating two unique features. First, a user may upload an image of a floor plan or photograph in the Android application. Second, the Indoor Mode includes an easy-to-use TAP-TEST-GO feature where users can “tap” a specific point on the floor plan or image to initiate a “test” and then “go” to the next location.
Network performance measurements include signal strength, downlink speed, latency and other signal and throughput quality metrics on any current consumer Android device. The results are quickly visualized and analyzed using the Signal Insights online dashboard. With the business intelligence collected from the app and retrieved in the dashboard, companies can develop tactics for managing customer expectations and improving customer experience.
To learn more about Signal Insights, visit the Mosaik Solutions booth (#2422) at CTIA Super Mobility 2015.
Additionally, Todd Cotts, director of product management at Mosaik Solutions, will host a free webinar, sponsored by Mobility Development Group, titled “More Than a Network…It’s an Experience” on September 16, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. CST. Mosaik encourages Mobile Network Operators wishing to learn how Signal Insights can help improve customer experiences to join the event. For more information and to register for the webinar visit www.mosaik.com/events.
About Mosaik Solutions
Mosaik Solutions builds world-class desktop and mobile applications backed by comprehensive network intelligence. It maintains the most in-depth network coverage and infrastructure database in the world, enabling clients to understand complex market dynamics, improve customer experiences with network performance solutions and track where competitors threaten their best customers.
As an agile team of researchers, creatives and mapping experts, Mosaik develops intelligence solutions that help executives, marketers, engineers and analysts improve marketing and retention programs, competitive network planning and site acquisition efforts. To learn more about Mosaik Solutions, visit www.mosaik.com.
- Mosaik Solutions Improves Site Planning Strategies with Key Enhancements to TowerSource
- MOSAIK SOLUTIONS RELEASES 2015 WIRELESS COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE POSTER VISUALIZING ‘STATE OF LTE NETWORKS’
- Phoenix Tower International enters into a contract to acquire the rights to over 600 wireless communication tower sites from T-Mobile in the United States
- Crown Castle Announces Sale of Australian Subsidiary
- Advantage Engineers Participates in OSHA National Safety Stand-Down
- Dali Wireless Completes World’s First Dynamic Capacity Allocation Field Trial with NCS in Singapore
- InSite Wireless Group, LLC acquires 294 communication tower sites from CTI Towers, Inc.
- CommScope Compiles 'How To' Manual for LTE Implementation
- Advantage Engineers Pilots Veteran Training Program with Warriors 4 Wireless
- Time Warner Cable and Boingo Launch Passpoint Roaming Coast to Coast
- Mosaik Solutions Welcomes Veteran Tower Market Analyst As Special Consultant for TowerSource
- Phoenix Tower International Acquires American Tower Corporation's Panamanian Business
- Port Authority Selects Boingo Wireless for Cellular and Wi-Fi Services at World Trade Center
- Dali Wireless Unveils HDS™ (High Density System) for Intelligent Wireless Coverage and Dynamic Capacity Allocation
- BOINGO TO BRING ENHANCED CONNECTIVITY TO TWO SPOKANE SPORTS ARENAS
- Time Warner Cable and Boingo Provide Expanded Customer Wi-Fi Access in the U.S.
- Advantage Engineers Participates in OSHA National Safety Stand-Down
- Dali Wireless Unveils High Power Radio Remote Unit Engineered to Help Network Operators Deal with Extreme Environments
- EnergySolutions Arena Selects Boingo as Exclusive DAS and Small Cell Partner
- SOLiD Chooses Graybar to Open New Distribution Channel for In-Building Wireless Solutions
- SOLiD Joins the Panduit Technology Ecosystem Partner Program
- Advanced RF Technologies Launches AXM2100-9543-ICS AWS LTE 20W Digital Repeater with Interference Cancellation System (ICS)
- Leading Institutional Investor in Cellular Sites Emerges as a new Provider of Wireless Industry News
- Horvath Towers, LLC Receives New Senior Debt Financing up to $20.0 million from The PrivateBank
- NB+C Opens Office in Richmond
- Horvath Towers, LLC receives a $30,000,000 increase in equity commitment from Peppertree Capital Management, Inc.
- NB&C Names Jeff Ebihara Director of Business Development
- Boingo tapped to deploy DAS networks at two universities
- Branch Communications Expands Offices to Better Serve Its Growing Customer Base
- Boingo Fuels International Expansion, Adds Three Airports in China
- Boingo Launches iTunes Payments for Wi-Fi Subscriptions
- Boingo Wireless Appoints Nick Hulse President
- A Better DAS, Simplified: CommScope Introduces New DAS Platform for Rapid Deployment
- Jason Baker Newly Appointed Warehouse and Logistics Manager
- Michigan Wireless Association Donates $15,000 to Operation Good Cheer
- Elizabeth Lindenauer, CPA, Named ITL, LLC’s New Controller
- CTI TOWERS NAMES CFO
- Jack Burden Named ITL, LLC’s Vice President of Sales
- Global Tower Partners Names Jim Rech Vice President of Development and Boosts Real Estate Division with New Vice President of Real Estate
- iGR's President to Share Expertise on Small Cell Architectures at the 2012 South Wireless Summit
- Global Tower Partners Deploys Green Energy Solutions
- SBA Communications Corporation and Health Care REIT, Inc. Partner to Offer New Wireless Site Leasing Portfolio
- Mobideo Expands US Team with New Vice President/General Manager – Americas, Andrew Bast
- AFL Acquires TTC Group
- AFL Donates $47,000+ to Aid in Japanese Recovery Efforts
- Leading Femtocell Manufacturer adopts Polaris Networks’ LTE Test Solution for testing and validating its Home eNodeB
- Bay Communications Announces Complete Capital Raise Led by Seaport Capital
- Global Tower Partners Closes on Two New Deals
- MetroPCS Wins Federal Court Decision Finding Consultant's Review of Application Resulted in Unreasonable Delay, Unreasonable Discrimination, and Unreasonable Fees
- Mobideo joins ng Connect Program, Bringing Mobile Enterprise Workforce Software to the 4G/LTE Experience
Page 1 of 14