PCIA Member News
Crown Castle Announces Sale of Australian Subsidiary
HOUSTON, May 14, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Crown Castle International Corp. (NYSE:CCI) ("Crown Castle") announced today that it has signed a definitive agreement to sell its Australian subsidiary ("CCAL") to a consortium of investors led by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets for an aggregate purchase price of approximately $2.0 billion in cash ("Transaction"), or approximately US$1.6 billion assuming an exchange rate of 0.80 US dollars to 1.0 Australian dollar. CCAL is 77.6% owned by Crown Castle. Upon consummation of the Transaction, Crown Castle expects to receive net proceeds of approximately US$1.3 billion after accounting for its ownership interest, repayment of intercompany debt owed to it by CCAL and estimated transaction fees and expenses. The Transaction is expected to close during the second quarter of 2015. Crown Castle expects to use the net proceeds from the Transaction to finance its previously announced acquisition of Sunesys and for general corporate purposes, including the repayment of certain of its indebtedness.
"The sale of CCAL allows us to redeploy capital towards our growing small cell networks, which we expect will be accretive to our long-term AFFO and dividend per share growth rates," stated Ben Moreland, Crown Castle's President and Chief Executive Officer. "We believe we are in the early stages of small cells deployment and are excited by the opportunities that we see ahead of us. While CCAL has been a great contributor to our business, our decision to divest this business is opportunistic and allows us to re-allocate capital to growth enhancing initiatives in the US market, which we believe is the most attractive wireless market in the world for wireless investment. I would like to thank our friends and colleagues at CCAL who, since CCAL's establishment in 2000, have built CCAL into the leading tower operator in Australia."
CCAL was expected to contribute approximately US$97 million to US$102 million to Crown Castle's previously provided full year 2015 Outlook for Adjusted EBITDA of $2.145 billion to $2.160 billion. Further, CCAL was expected to contribute approximately US$58 million to US$63 million to Crown Castle's previously provided full year 2015 Outlook for Adjusted Funds from Operations of $1.450 billion to $1.465 billion, respectively. Crown Castle's full year 2015 Outlook was previously provided on April 22, 2015 and assumed an exchange rate of 0.76 US dollars to 1.0 Australian dollar for the second, third and fourth quarter of 2015.
Since its establishment in 2000, CCAL has grown to become the largest independent tower operator in Australia with a nationwide portfolio of approximately 1,800 sites providing significant wireless communications coverage to substantially all Australians throughout all States and Territories. Crown Castle Australia's customers include major mobile telecommunications carriers such as Optus, Telstra and Vodafone Hutchison Australia; wireless broadband service providers such as NBN Co.; and key emergency service network providers.
ABOUT CROWN CASTLE
Crown Castle provides wireless carriers with the infrastructure they need to keep people connected and businesses running. With approximately 40,000 towers and 14,000 small cell nodes supported by approximately 7,000 miles of fiber, Crown Castle is the nation's largest provider of shared wireless infrastructure with a significant presence in the top 100 US markets. In addition, Crown Castle operates approximately 1,800 towers in Australia. For more information on Crown Castle, please visit www.crowncastle.com.
Advantage Engineers Participates in OSHA National Safety Stand-Down
Columbia, MD & Mechanicsburg, PA / May 13, 2015 - Advantage Engineers will be participating in OSHA’s National Fall Prevention Safety Stand-Down event. The purpose of this event is to raise construction fall hazard awareness.
In conjunction with the Stand-Down, Advantage Engineers will not conduct any work at height today, Wednesday, May 13, 2015. They will utilize this day to review safety standards and reinforce fall protection practices. Advantage’s Safety Management Team is leading this company-wide event.
According to OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration), fatalities caused by falls from elevation continue to be a leading cause of death for construction workers, accounting for 302 of the 828 construction fatalities recorded in 2013. In 2014, 12 workers received fatal injuries in the telecommunications industry at communications tower worksites. OSHA says these numbers represent an increasing trend in fatalities over previous years and are cause for concern. Through investigation, OSHA has found a high proportion of these incidents occurred due to a lack of fall protection. Visit https://www.osha.gov/StopFallsStandDown/ for more information.
About Advantage Engineers:
Advantage Engineers provides comprehensive services in specialized fields of engineering and consulting. They have more than 180 engineering, project and program management, real estate, geological, scientific, environmental, and technical professionals. From their six full-service offices, Advantage Engineers provides services throughout the U.S. and are highly sought after by clients in a variety of industry sectors including: geotechnical, environmental, and telecommunications engineering.
Founded in 2001, Advantage Engineers’ service portfolio and repeat business growth are testament to the outstanding level of technical expertise, ingenuity, and reliability that they provide. They have successfully completed thousands of projects in a variety of markets including telecommunications, energy, residential and commercial development, logistics and warehouse, transportation, utilities, educational facilities, and construction. This vast experience bundled with unmatched responsiveness positions Advantage Engineers as a top ranked engineering firm. Visit www.advantageengineers.com for more information.
Contact for Advantage Engineers: Cynthia Stuber, Marketing Manager at 443-741-4293
Dali Wireless Completes World’s First Dynamic Capacity Allocation Field Trial with NCS in Singapore
Menlo Park, Calif. – May 4, 2015 – Dali Wireless, Inc., a global provider of the advanced all-digital RF Router® that transcends DAS, successfully completed the world’s first ever dynamic capacity allocation field trial in Singapore with NCS. A member of Singtel Group, NCS is the leading regional information and communications technology (ICT) and communications engineering solutions provider.
Mobile data traffic is growing exponentially, and users expect to have access to high-speed mobile data services anywhere and at any time. The Dali Wireless RF Router is an award-winning platform that enables capacity to be pooled at a central location and dynamically routed to where and when it is needed. Therefore, resources are only consumed when needed and with elasticity. This ultimately improves users’ mobile experience while driving down the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for mobile operators.
To demonstrate the advanced capabilities of RF Router, different scenarios were set up with NCS. Radio capacity was pooled at a central location through the RF Router, and a mix of live 2G, 3G, and 4G LTE-MIMO signals from the centralized base stations were dynamically allocated to where and when there was a high demand within the trial venue. Since the network can be dynamically configured with software, entire base station sectors can be dedicated to specific high demand areas on-demand or per schedule through the Graphical User Interface (GUI) of the Dali Wireless Network Management System (NMS). All KPIs were met satisfactorily. In particularly, the high throughput performance KPI confirms Dali’s claims of an almost lossless RF Router-based RF distribution network.
“NCS is dedicated to delivering end-to-end ICT and communications engineering solutions to help governments and enterprises realize business value. It is exciting to work with an innovative company like Dali Wireless to successfully complete the world's first ever dynamic capacity allocation,” said Wong Soon Nam, Vice President of Smart & Safe City & Communications Engineering at NCS. “This unique capability will allow us to ultimately enhance users’ mobile experience while driving down capital and operational expenditure.”
The RF Router platform is different from both conventional analog and hybrid-digital systems. RF Router is built upon a decade’s worth of patented digital signal processing, proprietary RF power amplifiers, and advanced networking technologies – rather than incrementally building on current DAS concepts. With traditional DAS, operators need to support the wireless peak load for each individual service area where mobile usage and density are high. This makes it difficult for operators to realize OPEX and CAPEX savings. With RF Router, systematic capacity over-provisioning is no longer an issue. Dali Wireless’ patented dynamic capacity allocation capability allows all mobile users to stay connected anytime at anywhere without interruption to services.
“We are honored to have successfully completed the first ever dynamic capacity allocation live deployment with NCS,” said Albert Lee, Chief Executive Officer of Dali Wireless. “The successful outcome of the trial confirms Dali Wireless’ leading position in bringing innovative solutions to the fast-evolving mobile telecommunications ecosystem.”
InSite Wireless Group, LLC acquires 294 communication tower sites from CTI Towers, Inc.
"InSite, its investors, and its employees are enthusiastic about closing this transaction with CTI Towers, Inc.," said David E. Weisman, President and CEO of InSite. "We view this acquisition as an important addition to our current tower portfolio and as clear evidence of our investors’ ongoing commitment to grow InSite’s platform of wireless infrastructure assets."
"In the four years since launching CTI Towers, we have constructed an outstanding tower portfolio and are very pleased with the market reception," said Tony Peduto, Chief Executive Officer of CTI Towers, Inc. "We believe InSite’s management of these assets will continue to nurture and provide the same level of operating excellence."
About CTI Towers Inc. CTI Towers, Inc. owns, operates, and maintains wireless towers throughout the United States. The Company leases tower space to wireless carriers, broadcasters, municipalities, utility companies, and others. CTI Towers works with its customers to meet the critical deadlines for network deployment and new cell sites and allows its customers to control much of the process to facilitate the deployment of their networks. For more information, visit www.ctitowers.com.
CTI Towers’ lead investor Comcast Ventures (www.comcastventures.com), the venture capital affiliate of Comcast Corporation, focuses on innovative businesses that that will change the way people live, work and interact.
About InSite Wireless Group, LLC
InSite Wireless Group, LLC develops, owns, operates and manages communications wireless infrastructure facilities primarily for the wireless and broadcast industries. InSite’s distributed antenna system (DAS) and small cell division specializes in the design, installation, operation, and maintenance of shared wireless infrastructure solutions that enhance the quality and capacity of wireless voice and data services in public facilities and complex environments. InSite has developed and currently operates more than 20 projects across the United States in convention centers, casinos, airports, sports stadiums, and transit systems like the Boston MBTA Subway and the Los Angeles County Metro. InSite’s tower division is one of the largest privately owned U.S. tower companies and develops, manages, owns, and operates (after closing on the CTI Towers transaction) more than 1,200 telecommunications towers and sites for wireless carriers across the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, and Canada. InSite also owns a controlling interest in Telecom Lease Advisors (TLA), one of the leading land-under-cell-tower acquisition companies in the United States. More information on InSite's business can be found at www.insitewireless.com.
- CommScope Compiles 'How To' Manual for LTE Implementation
- Advantage Engineers Pilots Veteran Training Program with Warriors 4 Wireless
- Time Warner Cable and Boingo Launch Passpoint Roaming Coast to Coast
- Mosaik Solutions Welcomes Veteran Tower Market Analyst As Special Consultant for TowerSource
- Phoenix Tower International Acquires American Tower Corporation's Panamanian Business
- Port Authority Selects Boingo Wireless for Cellular and Wi-Fi Services at World Trade Center
- Dali Wireless Unveils HDS™ (High Density System) for Intelligent Wireless Coverage and Dynamic Capacity Allocation
- BOINGO TO BRING ENHANCED CONNECTIVITY TO TWO SPOKANE SPORTS ARENAS
- Time Warner Cable and Boingo Provide Expanded Customer Wi-Fi Access in the U.S.
- Advantage Engineers Participates in OSHA National Safety Stand-Down
- Dali Wireless Unveils High Power Radio Remote Unit Engineered to Help Network Operators Deal with Extreme Environments
- EnergySolutions Arena Selects Boingo as Exclusive DAS and Small Cell Partner
- SOLiD Chooses Graybar to Open New Distribution Channel for In-Building Wireless Solutions
- SOLiD Joins the Panduit Technology Ecosystem Partner Program
- Advanced RF Technologies Launches AXM2100-9543-ICS AWS LTE 20W Digital Repeater with Interference Cancellation System (ICS)
- Leading Institutional Investor in Cellular Sites Emerges as a new Provider of Wireless Industry News
- Horvath Towers, LLC Receives New Senior Debt Financing up to $20.0 million from The PrivateBank
- NB+C Opens Office in Richmond
- Horvath Towers, LLC receives a $30,000,000 increase in equity commitment from Peppertree Capital Management, Inc.
- NB&C Names Jeff Ebihara Director of Business Development
- Boingo tapped to deploy DAS networks at two universities
- Branch Communications Expands Offices to Better Serve Its Growing Customer Base
- Boingo Fuels International Expansion, Adds Three Airports in China
- Boingo Launches iTunes Payments for Wi-Fi Subscriptions
- Boingo Wireless Appoints Nick Hulse President
- A Better DAS, Simplified: CommScope Introduces New DAS Platform for Rapid Deployment
- Jason Baker Newly Appointed Warehouse and Logistics Manager
- Michigan Wireless Association Donates $15,000 to Operation Good Cheer
- Elizabeth Lindenauer, CPA, Named ITL, LLC’s New Controller
- CTI TOWERS NAMES CFO
- Jack Burden Named ITL, LLC’s Vice President of Sales
- Global Tower Partners Names Jim Rech Vice President of Development and Boosts Real Estate Division with New Vice President of Real Estate
- iGR's President to Share Expertise on Small Cell Architectures at the 2012 South Wireless Summit
- Global Tower Partners Deploys Green Energy Solutions
- SBA Communications Corporation and Health Care REIT, Inc. Partner to Offer New Wireless Site Leasing Portfolio
- Mobideo Expands US Team with New Vice President/General Manager – Americas, Andrew Bast
- AFL Acquires TTC Group
- AFL Donates $47,000+ to Aid in Japanese Recovery Efforts
- Leading Femtocell Manufacturer adopts Polaris Networks’ LTE Test Solution for testing and validating its Home eNodeB
- Bay Communications Announces Complete Capital Raise Led by Seaport Capital
- Global Tower Partners Closes on Two New Deals
- MetroPCS Wins Federal Court Decision Finding Consultant's Review of Application Resulted in Unreasonable Delay, Unreasonable Discrimination, and Unreasonable Fees
- Mobideo joins ng Connect Program, Bringing Mobile Enterprise Workforce Software to the 4G/LTE Experience
- Mobideo Launches New Guide System Website
Page 1 of 12